Saturday, September 8, 2007

The First Attempt

This is my first time doing a blog... I have seen a lot of people post their thoughts and I felt like doing so....

Today, I was planning to study outside before I went for service as I found that I could not concentrate at home... It had been the same throughout this week of holiday. While I was thinking of an area to study, I met Angela. She was going to met her sheep for shepherding. We talked mainly about our houses, me- clark quay, Angela- Chinatown. Because I am moving around the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I do not really want to move as I have been staying at this place since I was born. It holds a lot of memories... It is also convenient(can go anyway easily with the MRT and shopping centres- central, chinatown, orchard, funan, cityhall...). I have ask my father to renovate but he did not want as it is expensive (The forth level already show a big crack on the wall... hopefully it won't collapse). I didn't mind my parents to have a house at chinatown but as Angela had told me, it was not very safe. Haiz... I want my house!!!

In the end, I followed Angela to centerpoint mac and sat opposite them to study. Prelim is on monday and I am still in my holiday mood.

During service, I had learn a lot from Pastor Jeff about working faith. It struck me a lot. (In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead... James 2:17)
Come to think of it, I had made empty promises to God. Though I did improve last year, I find that recently I have been drafting away from the promises I made. I have to take actions and not just keep having feelings or saying out to do them.

Halfway through the altar call, I had to leave as I had my piano lesson. Sadly, I wouldn't be able to hear finish what Pastor Jeff had to say.

When I went home, the real trouble came. Once again, I had broken the promises and started my 'Anime time'. It had been my hobby since young. Some say that it is not harmful but I have slowly became addicted to it. And when i am addicted to it, my impatient and anger was shown towards my nagging mother. It have become dangerous in my walk with God.

Thats why I started to have this blog so that I can reflect and remember what I have made my promises to God. God is the light in my darkness heart. I believe that God will be able to save me from the temptation as I continue to seek him.

Today's verse: In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent... Psalm 4:4

No comments: